Friday, August 1, 2008

Cool little man from New Guinea


This man attended the Catholic Church on Sunday. Walking back to his dormitory he was accosted by a pack of dogs. I "rescued" him with my car. He joined my regular group for lunch and kept us entranced with stories of life in New Guinea. In his country he is considered to be famous. He is the leader of the cultural group which preserves the dance, clothes and implements of his people. He teaches dance in New Guinea. What the reviewers have been saying about him at the Festival is that he moves like he is dancing on air.


I actually saw him dance several nights ago. This was before I met him in person. He is obviously easy to remember as you can detect from his stature. As small as he is, he has a large presence on stage. He is, by the way, a very committed Catholic.

No comments: